Wednesday 21 March 2012

What skills have I learnt?

During the process of making the opening sequence to Silent Minds I have both learnt new skills and enhanced those I already had.
The first is the most obvious, using Final Cut on the mac. When starting the editing I already had a basic knowledge of how the programme worked however this was extremely simple and whilst editing the preliminary task it looked very juvenile and not professional at all.
Since then I have learnt;

  • How to add transitions and how to make them both longer and shorter.
  • How to fade clips and audio manually 
  • How to add credits and customise them to fit the genre of my film
  • How to split clips so I am able to use specific parts at specific times
  • How remove the audio replacing it with more appropriate material
  • How to layer one clip onto another so you are able to see both at the same time  

No comments:

Post a Comment